Kalou: Drogba wants to finish career in US

Kalou: Drogba wants to finish career in US
The two Ivorians are good friends and the Lille attacker says that his compatriot is keen to move to the MLS before he retires
EXCLUSIVE
By Alex Labidou

Salomon Kalou
 has revealed that Didier Drogba would like to finish his career in the United States.

The veteran forward is currently plying his trade in Turkey with Galatasaray, but Kalou says his Cote d'Ivoire team-mate has his heart set on a move to MLS before he hangs up his boots.

"He loves America, he always goes there for holidays and it's a place he always enjoys," the Lille attacker told Goal.

"For him to work there would be an amazing experience. I think that's his goal and that's where he wants to finish [his career].

"He hasn't told me directly, but he has told me that finishing in New York or LA would be amazing experience. I know that's in his mind right now. He would love to finish there.

"Didier is the type of guy who never goes to a place without making an impact. For him, going to MLS is a great thing because MLS is developing as a football league.

"I think having Didier in that league would give it an extra boost and continue to help the league develop."

As for his own future, Kalou was reluctant to be drawn on reports that West Ham are keen to bring the former Chelsea man back to the Premier League.
"Well right now, I haven't really talked about it, I'm working hard on my pre-season," the 27-year-old insisted. 

"I'm trying to get myself ready for the season. I still have a contract with Lille. The most important thing is to stay focused and I think the club will decide in the right moment and I'll decide at the right moment.

"Right now, I'm not in a rush to make any decisions. I'm happy that teams are interested in me and I love the fact that even though we didn't qualify for Champions League, I scored a few good goals. 

"It means that other teams can see that I can develop as a player. So, I like to keep [things] open and then see what the best move is."
Kalou spent six years at Stamford Bridge before joining Lille on a free transfer last year.