Kolarov flattered by Juventus link

Kolarov flattered by Juventus link
The 27-year-old insists he is happy to remain with Manuel Pellegrini's side, despite only starting 11 Premier League games under Roberto Mancini last season
Aleksandar Kolarov insists he is happy to stay at Manchester City but is flattered by reports linking him with a move to Juventus.

The 27-year-old started just 11 Premier League matches for City last season and has struggled for regular football due to the presence of French left-back Gael Clichy.

Kolarov has been linked with a switch to Serie A champions Juventus recently, and when quizzed about the rumours, he declared that he would be interested.

"I'm happy at City and it is my intention to remain," Kolarov told Tuttosport.

"I want to play as much as possible to show [Manuel] Pellegrini my qualities. I want to remain in Manchester, but it is only logical that should I not be given any space in the team then I'll have to evaluate a few things.

"It is nice to know that an important and prestigious club such as Juventus like me, but I'm not the only person who will have a say on my future.

"If something is to happen then it will be decided by the two clubs first. What I can say is that I was happy in Italy and I like your football."