Sergio Ramos: I prefer Ronaldo & Ozil over Messi & Neymar

Sergio Ramos: I prefer Ronaldo & Ozil over Messi & Neymar
The Spain international believes his Real Madrid team-mates are the finest to play alongside and has called on the club to put last season behind them
Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has made it clear that he would rather play alongside Cristiano RonaldoMesut Ozil and Isco than Barcelona duo Neymar and Lionel Messi.

Although Ramos is full of praise for the South American duo, he insists his Blancos team-mates are his preferred choice when it comes to attacking prowess.

"Neymar and Messi? I prefer Cristiano, Ozil and Isco, my team-mates here at Madrid," the Spain international told ESPN.

"No-one is in any doubt that Messi and Neymar are great players, but I just prefer the guys who are in our team."

The defender then went on to discuss Jose Mourinho's three-year spell in charge of Madrid and stressed he is keen to move on following the disappointments - and controversies - of last season.

"This is the start of a new era, with a new coach, new signings and we are all excited and hopeful of success," the 27-year-old said. "Last season, we were unable to repeat the successes of previous years but you have to focus on the positive side. 

"I just think about the good things that happened. I’m not a resentful person. I just remember all of the things I learned during a period which is over now. 

"Football goes on, we need to continue growing, developing and be ambitious so that we can win more silverware."